eminPlease follow this page on Power Lab Seminars which are on Thursdays (at 15:40 in Ayaslı Research Center). We host industrial speakers and academic speakers in alternating weeks. Everyone is welcomed, no registration is necessary. Seminars are announced in PowerLab mail-list.You can either apply the mail-list or contact Murat Göl or Ozan Keysan, if you would like get your email included in the announcement list.
Seminars will be started in September 2017 !
(12/05/2017) Arçelik/Barış Tuğrul Ertuğrul, MSc. (METU, EE’2005) (13:40)
Industry 4.0 integrates information science with manufacturing technology, as a result efficiency and reliability can be increased significantly. One of the important aspects of the industry 4.0 is the transformation of disciplines and sectors as a whole. As a result, it is expected that system behavior, capability and solutions are expected to become more popular in the coming years.
In this seminar, the effect of this new industrial revolution on the mechatronics systems applications will be presented. In particular, new trends in controllers, electric motors and motor drives of these mechatronics systems will be presented.
(05/05/2017) Emek ARGE (15:40)
-Emek Electrical Industry&Emek R&D General Advertisement
-Current&Voltage Transformer Developments
-Smart Disconnecting Switches
Opportunities and Trends in Electric Motor Drives (28/04/2017) ANDAR Electromechanical Systems
Summary: ANDAR is an innovative METU Technopark company working specifically on servo actuators and electric drive systems for the defense industry. The company has been setup in 2012 and developing its own solutions since then.
The speakers, who are co-founders of the company, will give a talk on their journey as entrepreneurs and difficulties of building a business model based on technical know-how. Finally, they will talk about the latest trends and opportunities in high-performance electric motor drive system applications in avionics and defense industry. The talk will give a perspective on real-world applications of electric motor drives as well as challenges on efficiency, cost, reliability and integration issues.
Summary: The automotive industry has been dramatically re-shaping with technological advancements in the last 10 years. A vehicle is no longer a pure mechanical device, but rather becoming an intelligent machine for mobility. Electrical and Hybrid vehicles, Advanced Driver Assistance Systems technologies and Autonomous vehicles are already on the road. All those advancements are achieved thanks to Electrical and Electronic engineers, who are taking part of the industry more and more every day. In this presentation, some of those revolutionary technologies and trends in the automotive industry will be discussed with real-world examples, that will give you a glimpse of the future that awaits you to shape.
Earsis Technologies: An entrepreneurship story (31/03/2017)Industry 4.0 concept, predictive maintenance applicationsData acquisition systemsDesign of a battery charging unit for distribution transformer stations
Selçuk Yerci (24/03/2017)Solar Cells
Mustafa Güçlü AYDINER & Yusuf ÜÇYÜZ from SIEMENS (17/03/2017)Computer Aided Power System Analysis
- Öztürk Şahin Alemdar (25/01/2017)Abstract:In this presentation, LLC resonant converter topology will be introduced. Some practical design considerations of DC-DC converters including planar transformer implementation, secondary-side rectifier selection, primary-side MOSFET selection and control loop implementation will be reviewed. A 500kHz 200W LLC DCX module converting 360-400VDC input to 12.5-11.75VDC output will be investigated.
- Ozan Keysan (29/12/2016)
- Research Tools
- Journal Searching
- Mehmet Kaan Mutlu(22/12/2016)
- Field Oriented Control Technique in PMSM control
- Servo Driver and Applications
- Selected Topics in Servo Drives(EMI, EMC, enviromental tests, frameless motor packaging, etc)
- Bulut Ertürk(15/12/2016)
- SCADA and PMU Definitions&Applications-State Estimation
- Observability ve Optimal PMU Placement
- Melih Var, Insulation Material Types (8/12/2016)
- Gas, Liquid, Solid Insulator Types
- String, Post, Hollow & Bushing
- Silicone Composite Insulator Properties & Production Procedure
- A. Can Yılmaz / Nordex Energy (1/12/2016)
- Nordex Turkey Organisation
- DFIG Generator and Converter Technology
- Electrical Grid Regulation Appendix -18 (Elektrik Sebeke Yonetmeligi Ek-18)
- Lüfti Boyacı
GaN FETs Click for the presentation. (24/11/2016)Physical properties, Comparison with Silicon based MosfetsAdvantages and DisadvantagesElectrical performanceGate DriveRadiation performancesFuture of GaN FETs
- Latif Çandır PMSM DRIVER DESIGN Click for the presentation. (17/11/2016)
- Required materials
- Aykut Demirel METAL CORED PCB DESIGN Click for the presentation. (17/11/2016)
- Why we need metal cored PCB’s
- Design considerations
- Material selection
- Application areas
A Survey of Turkish Electricity Market, Türkiye Elektrik Piyasası’na Genel Bakış
TÜBİTAK MAM, Mustafa Deniz, (18/03/2016)
MİLGES- Milli Güneş Enerjisi Santrali Projesi (National Solar Power Plant): Types of inverters used in the Photovoltaic systems. Latest updates on the MİLGES Project.
Deniz Şengül, (25/03/2016),
Voltage Stability in Power Systems